Monday, April 25, 2011

looking for alaska

I just finished John Green's LOOKING FOR ALASKA.
Heres the Sypnosis mumbo jumbo Spoilers free. "its about a guy-who has no friends- who decides to go to a different school in another state in hopes of befriending new people and making his uneventful life more interesting". But obviously things dont go as planned as a Young Mysterious Girl enters his life.... yada yada...the makings of a typical Teenage Novel.

But dont let tht synopsis fool you. This book is so far away from Adventurous or FUN. Sadly this book is a Overly-serious story that gets a bit too philosophical. Its a 221 pages long book, in other words a very short book and an EASY read as well. The story is told through the perspective of Miles Halter(the protagonist) and is written in a JOURNAL entry style. And for that part the writing is beliveable. I mean the story literally seems like its written by a 16 year old, AKA the writing is BLAND and BORING. John Green's Writing has no style nor substance. The Book felt like a journal written by a guy who I least cared about. The characters were waaayyy underdeloped and they semmed to be making a much bigger deal out of ordinary events. I mean GET OVER IT ALREADY!
**SPOILERS** I mean COME ON, you let a SUPER-Drunk girl drive her way to death and you are looking for FORGIVENESS from the DEAD?? COME ON!!! SRSLY?? and the books ends on a "MAYBE she forgives me and i would forgive her too"-note. I was like COME ON!!! You should Forgive yourself first, YOU FOOL and live with it. There is no way around it. **END OF SPOILERS**
What I mean is- I hated the Characters. They were way too annoying and even though  its a short book, it took me almost a Week to finish because of its Bland writing and the boring plot.
Overall I am going with a 2 out of 5 for this juvenile Drivel called LOOKING FOR ALASKA. This is a Lifeless book trying to force MORAL in


No comments:

Post a Comment